Tuesday 5 May 2009

Tidy house & garden - for once

It's a rare weekend that I don't get on my bike. We had a "we have our house back" celebration BBQ on Sunday - which required spending Saturday blitzing the garden (5 trips to the tip) and Sunday blitzing the house. It was worth it to actually see it all looking OK again. Sun kind of made guest appearances at the barbecue but it wasn't too warm. Really chuffed that so many people came & downed enough beers to ensure that I slept badly and had a bit of a bad head on Monday - a bank holiday.

I spent Monday afternoon at the local fete, smiling lots at people who seemed a little bemused to see a Women's Running Group's stall! Chatted to one of the previous Eastleigh WRN runners which was interesting and I think she's considering rejoining. A few others sounded interested in the nextr beginners group, so I think it was worth it.

Fairly predictably, it was just a hardy few at running later on Monday. J & I did our fastest ever joint 5K time at 29:50. Ventured into Eastleigh with the Intermediate group as I wanted them to realise how much easier they can make it over the railway bridge now - think I was successful.

Just cycling today as we went to the cinema tonight to see Age of Stupid - and now I'm down about the planet being doomed. Doomed, doomed, we're all doomed I say!

No comments: