Friday 23 May 2008

Bunnies, Blisters and the Wrong Bike

I got a few yards down the road this morning before realising I was riding the wrong bike and figured I couldn't be bothered to go back & change it - so I had knobbly tyres and a comfier saddle than usual.

Running this evening - 10K from the house in a not-very-impressive 60:50 - Husband kindly pointed out that it's a tougher route than the Eastleigh 10K with hills and a variety of uneven surfaces, but I'm still aiming to get a more reasonable time for my next challenge (Beaulieu Cancer Research 10K in September). I can no longer get away with any socks - currently sporting beautiful blisters on both feet. I think this is indicative of my trainers being at the end of their running life, which means I need to consider promoting my gym trainers to outside & try & get a bargain on a new pair for the gym by shopping around online.

It was a beautiful evening and I saw many bunnies and one big glossy looking fox (behind the Fox & Hounds pub - v.appropriate). Had a spaniel bounce up on me - one day, I'll do this route without physical contact with a dog - maybe!

No comments: