Wednesday 7 May 2008

Summertime

...and the living is easy (I wish!).

Loving cycling to work atm - today's the day I switched from thermal cycling tights to wrap skirt & lycra shorts, my waterproof consigned to the bag. Pity my poor colleagues, subjected to my legs.
The shower at work's now de-sweating me. Just a couple of weeks ago, it's major benefit was to warm me up.

Loving the blue sky, loving the ultra fresh green tree leaves, still looking more spring than dark
mature green of summer. Lime fresh vs John Lewis (I do write some twaddle!).
29:30 yesterday to run 5K in Husband's company - jogging through the woods was more enticing than the gym.

My thighs were a bit achey yesterday as we spent most of bank holiday Monday gardening - it took my the afternoon to sort out an are less than 5' by 5' (Husband's dumping area next to the greenhouse - buddleia & bamboo trimmings plus oodles of discarded pots complete with dead plants and compost).

Just the bike ride today - both of us had lousy days at work (noise nuisance complaints shoot up for Husband as soon as the sun comes out) so we charred pork steaks in the garden, consumed rose & I'm now on beer - v.decadent for a school night for us.

No comments: