Sunday 28 March 2010

Eastleigh 10K

My time this year is 56:53 - just 7 seconds under my target of 57 minutes. I did make an effort this year - I have been guilty of treating the event as another run as opposed to a great opportunity to see what I can do! KB, J & KL were fabulous running partners - especially at 4.5km when I hit a bit of a bad patch. I found a second wind at about 7km - shortly after this pic was taken, but was running out of energy at 9km. And KB kept me going.
So proud of the WRN runners today. 7 of us completed the course - 4 in less than 1 hour - no drop outs!
A big improvement was pedalling to the race. Parking is always frustrating and it provided a good low impact warm up/cool down.
Husband was fabulous. He looked after my bag which was bulging with WRN runners jackets as well as cheering us on. And he took some great photos - more of which I'll be sending around soon.

I've been avoiding hard exercise as part of my prep for this morning. Bit of gardening yesterday & pedalling to work most days last week. We went 10 pin bowling with Kitty & Goldfish tonight - which must count at least a little as exercise!

No comments: