Thursday 1 April 2010

The Big D - again

Apparently, 21% of UK adults smoke and that number is declining. 40% of UK adults are overweight - 20% are obese - and this number is increasing. So is it easier to give up nicotine or chocolate??
I'm embarking on the Big D - yet again - and I am trying to remember how I succeeded in 2006. Hence a photo of me in beautiful NZ in Jan 2005 as my stick - and prove to myself that I can lose fat - after all, I have done it! Carrot is the sailing holiday in May - I'd like to be more toned & look cool in the photos (yes, I am that shallow!). I do need to drink more liquid - I often eat when I'm probably thirsty. I've also re-done my WLR account - clean start!
New beginners on Tuesday - not many so I need to work on getting a few more & retaining all. Very pleased to have a few more in the 7pm Tuesday group now that it's relaunched as the "easier" regular run.
Gym last night - deliberately didn't run & did 35mins spinning and 20 x trainer. I've been walking a little more than usual as I've been on a course in Ealing this week & getting there on the train. But only 1 day of cycling to work.

No comments: