Friday 22 January 2010

More energy required

It's been a tiring week. Running went fine apart from having to decide whether an idiot bloke was being menacing - or just an idiot - and having to revise our route. On both days, I had to do a manic sprint back to the Hub to greet the 8pm group vaguely on time - very grateful to both 7pm groups for tolerating this!
On Wednesday, I experimented taking my bike to Cosham on the train as I am fed up of having to drive to work in order to go to a merchandising lab. Going was fine - I used the lifts to get over the bridge at Eastleigh station, direct train and I was directed to where the guard wanted my bike to go. Not so great coming back as I got the time wrong & had to change at Southampton. Complete lottery as no information about what train went from where, lots of lugging bike up/down stairs, no idea where the bike should go - but hey, I got home!
Body combat that evening after which I retrieved Husband from a country lane - he had destroyed a tyre in a pothole and like most modern cars, his doesn't have a spare - or even a jack!
Thursday was really tiring but more of a mental endurance exercise. I was representing my work area at a press event - try and engage journalists and spend hours on feet attempting not to let the boredom between journalists show on face/body language! Amazing venue and the whole thing was extremely well organised. Walked home from the station at about 8 & was asleep by half 10.
Just cycling today - a bit more coming home as I wanted to get Husband a birthday cake. Very proud of getting it home in my panniers with the frosting intact!

No comments: