Saturday 19 January 2008

Unrealistic expectations

There are days when I question my intelligence. Today is one of 'em! I haven't run since trying to do so with a post cold chest infection 3 weeks ago & having to have a break after 3.5K. I was dreading running again & decided that the treadmill would be the best option. It's been so long that I couldn't remember what speeds to enter - & ended up running my fastest ever 5K as a result - 26:20. And my lungs were complaining bitterly so I switched to slow jog & then to walk. I guess that after a break, expecting to run faster than before is dumb. I am dumb!

Cycled to work on Thurs & Fri. Body Combat on Wed.

X joined G & I for skating on Monday - she has her own skates & looks good on the ice which I'm putting down to being Viennese. I love watching G skate - she's developing so well - looks graceful & much closer to dancing.

No comments: