Sunday 13 January 2008

Forest Pootle

Husband & I went biking in the Forest yesterday - just the 2 of us as he's still getting over his cold/chest infection so we knew we'd be slow and that we may have to cut it short.

In the end, he pushed for an extension at the end, pushing up the route by 5k to 26.8k. Ascent was 576m.

It did take Husband a good 4-5k to warm up properly, but after that, he was almost up to normal speed. I found myself slower up hills than pre Xmas - it's a route I expect to be able to do primarily in 3rd, but used 2nd quite a bit.

We started from Swan Green, went up the road to Acres Down, across to Canadian War Memorial, towards Burley but turne left to come out on Bolderwood Drive. South the Rhinefield Drive, then left towards Lyndhurst. Husband's extension took us back via the Portuguese Fireplace.

3 deer shot across the path in front of me at one point - close enough for me to think about braking!

No comments: