Sunday 27 January 2008

Sunny Weekend

Lots of crisp bright light this weekend so a few more photos here than usual.... it's seemed more March like than January. Snowdrops, I expect, but it seems early for all the daffodils we've seen.

Husband's parents came over to help him celebrate his birthday. We squeezed in a short ride from the house before they arrived on Saturday - 16.65K, bringing my 2008 total up to 182.65K. Thompsons Lane was very claggy at the bottom, but on the whole, the circuit we did was OK for mud. For some reason, I was convinced I was ultra slow (prob as I do more road riding now on my commute) but was persuaded otherwise.

We then went to Old Winchester Hill with our visitors - gentle walk around the top to the hill fort & back again, enjoying views across to the Isle of Wight. Stopped to look at a kestrel for a while that was doing lots of low level hovering close tot the path.

And then went to the gym - Husband and parents swam whilst I (finally!) managed to run for 30 minutes at 10/12 splits. X trainer too. So I felt very justified in enjoying the Japanese meal we went out for that evening - and in downing a few beers.

No "proper" exercise today - but lots of walking as we went to the Weald Down Open Air Museum which has old buildings retrieved & reconstructed from the surrounding area all spread over 50 acres. It was sunny enough for a picnic! The totem pole type photo was taken of a sculpture that's now by a forge there.





No comments: