Monday 6 August 2007

Anniversary Weekend and more...

Middle Sister, BIL and D came to stay for a few days last week - brilliant to see them & I love D calling me "Lady Dragon". I went running with J on Monday - haven't run with her for about 2 years & it was great - good chat & it was nice to show off the countryside close to the house. On Tue, Husband took BIL out for a bike ride - introduced him to the joys on Hampshire mud!

Went to Harlech with Husband for the weekend - our anniversary. We manged to be in one of the UK's few rainy areas on Saturday - so we played tourist instead - Harlech Castle, a copper mine with weird iron oxide stalagtites/mites and getting blown about on Criccieth seafront. So a little bit of walking - certainly not enough to justify the big breakfast!

The weather cleared up considerably on Sunday so we went to Machynlleth where we did the Mach 2 ride - 24k but it took us 4 hours! Took an additional 45 minutes to work out where to start as Machynlleth tourist information was invisible! We eventually found the ride leaflet in a newsagent. Serious climbs (compared to Hampshire) and fabulous scenery. I'm now sporting a classic t-shirt and mitts tan on my arms and some great midge bites. I also have 2 burnt fingers - I should believe my Husband when he tells me that disk brakes get very hot after braking all the way down a big hill (rather than testing this out and having to soak my burnt paws in a nearby stream). [Husband hijacked blog & typed the last sentence btw].

We did enjoy the weekend - but have agreed that North Wales is just a tad too far for a weekend - we both seem less tolerant of long drives than we used to be.

No comments: