Saturday 9 July 2011

Weird Wound

15.5km ran last night. I have a half marathon to train for in September - and I've been procrastinating about getting my training underway. Club runs do help big time - but I need to do more mileage & add in more sessions at my pace. And I've struggled to get motivated!
There's a loop from my house that's a bit over 5km so I figure that 4 times that will be close to the race distance of 21km. 3 loops last night, but I stopped at 15.5km. Next week, need to take that to 17km (following the 10% rule) - and if I keep that increment going (big if!) should be up to race distance by early August.

Far more interesting to report is that I enjoyed it! Bunnies, puffballs and a buzzard swooping right in front of me, confused horse riders (I passed them twice) and avoided a drunk bloke in the woods.

My legs are OK - ITB was a little bit achey afterwards, but nothing major. However, I must find a better way of transporting my iphone as my left arm chafed on the arm hole of my gilet (has pockets) & I'm in need of sudocrem!

No comments: