Monday 25 July 2011

Priorities?

It looks as if we'll have a gap between completing on our house sale & purchase - which will mean a couple of weeks relying on our fabulous friends' spare rooms. We are so lucky to have friends who are stepping in to help!

We're in the process of sorting out about 20 years worth of stuff and I think we've got the trickiest bits nailed - tropical fish tank, umpteen containers of plants (including mega spiky agaves), food and bikes. This means that I can now stress about how to stay fit whilst homeless!

I think we'll be more regular visitors to the gym, not least because the food is OK value. However, I'm struggling to work out how I can continue to cycle to work as this will mean more complex bike and car storage! There's also the laundry issue - smelly sports kit will have to wait for weekends to be washed as I don't really want to take advantage of friends' washing machines. More eating out will definitely challenge my waistline.

And the move was my feeble excuse for failing to do a long run this weekend. Probably the biggest risk to my fitness is my motivation (as ever). If I want there to be obstacles, there will always be obstacles. Trick is to keep my Pollyanna head on, look for the positive and focus on staying off the sofa.

No comments: