Saturday 20 February 2010

And I'm back

I went skating today with G. We'd done lessons together about 2 years ago for a while, but quit when my progress plateaued and G finally acknowledged that it was a heck of a drive for her every Monday evening. Today, we went up to Basingstoke for a great hour plus scooting around. I can't remember many of the fancy-ish moves we learned - but was chuffed that I could still get around without sliding on my backside! I was also relieved that my skate blades hadn't rusted away. And G looked as cool as ever on the ice. Lunch afterwards at a cafe on the way home - lovely day and much needed fun.

Even learning about the £340 worth of repairs required to my mountain bike when I got home didn't dent my improved mood.

Ran well at the gym on Friday - 10km in 57:10. I think my lack of exercise this week may have contributed to being able to run well. And it was fantastic to be able to work off some pent up frustration on the treadmill. I'm hoping I can get back to WRN next week with a positive attitude - WIP.

Off to surf for avid juicy 3 brakes for my poorly bike now....

No comments: