Friday 27 July 2007

Streams are easier than bogs....

Bike Ride from the house on Thursday night - not as long as planned as Husband was having chain/derailleur trauma which is not entirely resolved!

I was not exactly enthusiastic when Husband suggested a route including Thomsons Lane as it's been too muddy recently - lots of pushing my bike & lifting it out of sticky bits. But I was proved wrong - there's been so much rain now that it was more like cycling up a stream - much of the mud's washed away. It's interesting doing the same route & seeing it change as the weather & seasons change. Came back on a bit of bridleway we've never cycled before that links Stoke Woods with the farm track we normally use - nice fast downhill bit.

Husband wasn't feeling great - trapped wind and cramping toes!

He's out tonight so I was at the gym on my own - lovely and quiet on a Friday evening. I added in more 11k time to my treadmill sesh, taking it up to 5.1K in 30mins. Also did 30 mins x trainer and used 2 weights machines. As I'm alone, I'm being bad & have the central heating on atm - so not right in July!

No comments: