Wednesday 20 June 2007

Playing catch up

I've been a very negligent blogger of late - so here's a summary of my exploits over the last month:

  • Skating - twice - not exactly progressing but I may pass grade 5 in this lifetime!

  • Ankle problems are still hampering my running. I did Race for Life on Sunday in Winchester and walked all bar the last 50 yards when I ran - which was OK - so I had a go on the treadmill yesterday - 10 mins no problem. Ankle is only playing up when I go down slopes or steps.

  • Cycling - 3 very enjoyable evening rides locally, taking advantage of long midsummer evenings. Did 15K this evening with Husband, C & M - very muddy after this week's heavy rain. We did see wallabies en route!

  • Cycling - 30k-ish ride in Italy, close to San Gimignano in Tuscany and a very gentle pootle around the city walls of Lucca

  • 6 mile walk in Italy - gorgeous countryside and wildflowers. Lots of walking around towns, museums & churches too - I'm all Madonna & Child-ed out!

  • Towers climbed in Lucca, San Gimignano, Siena and the Leaning Tower of Pisa

  • Lots of gardening & loft clearing

So Italy was reasonably active - but I negated any benefits through eating huge amounts of yummy food (highlights included A's lasagna, banana cake from a village shop, gelato and some wonderful pasta) and drinking quite a bit. Big D is very much required!

No comments: