Wednesday 20 June 2007

Running Again!

For the first time since my ankle objected to Body Combat, I've run 5K! Treadmill at the gym earlier - did just over 5k in my allotted 30 mins and no after effects - ankle was just aching gently. I also did 10 mins on the x trainer to warm up & 3 weights machines (rower, lat pulldown & shoulder incline press).

I'm feeling a little more confident about Southampton Race 4 Life now - it's on the 15th July.

However, if it's anything like Winchester Race 4 Life, completing it in 30 mins shouldn't be an issue. Now I do realise that it's not an event that focuses on personal achievement - but to have a race that's supposed to be 5K only being 4.08K is a bit naff. A few metres out - fine - but over 900m?! Especailly naff for my colleague L who was hoping to achieve a pb. It actually feels a little patronising - not sure why!

So I have sent email to Winchester City Council who helped to organise the event - and have offered my GPS services - see what happens....

No comments: