Wednesday 23 September 2009

Top 40 list progress

1. Get into size 12 jeans - hmm, gained 2lbs this week, so not so good so far!
2. Follow & execute a crochet pattern - will probably be baby bootees - thanks for the patterns K!
6. Inflict something homemade on all female relatives for Christmas - I have a commission from Mum for a green based necklace - and I feel inspired to attempt baby proof stuff for my sisters.
10. Finish a George Elliot novel - ordered Mill on the Floss today
13. Do a press up - vaguely tried tonight at Body Combat but reverted to boxed after just one failed half hearted attempt!
14. Swim a mile with proper breaststroke - getting better at swimming so may attempt this soon.
16. Use my wii fit - success, enjoying it!
29. South Downs Way - have signed up for this on a mountain bike in May
30. Try somewhere new for mountain biking - looks like this will be Portugal in May
31. Do level 2 coaching training - have attempted to sign up for a course at the end of Oct, but have bee thwarted by Run in England's web site!
33. Great South Run - feeling really confident about this now that I know I can do the distance.
34. Half marathon - this will probably be the WRN women only one at Castle Combe in April
36. Go somewhere new - Portugal planned for May - learning to sail
38. Try out a different spa or gym - plan is hatching to try the Bath one in November...

39. Sleep in our tent -yup, done!

So, two completed so far. Not amazing progress, but I'm not panicking yet. The goals I'm most concerned about are 1 (getting thinner), 13 (press up), 27 (berms) and given my lack of speediness, 32 (10k in under 55 mins).

Juliana was back as Body Combat instructor - good reminder of how good she is. Her control is so sharp and she motivated us really well. Had a spot of walking too as I had another London meeting.

No comments: