Friday 4 September 2009

Does technique make a difference?

No cycling today as I was in London - not as much walking as this normally entails as Husband kindly dropped me at Winchester station which gave me a very painless train journey.
Following a fruitless search for my goggles, we went swimming tonight. I'm finding the head-in-water thing much more natural and I had no half drowned moments - a result!
Less successful wer Husband's spare goggles which dug into my eye area quite painfully - I now know why they are his spares.
I really appreciated Husband giving me some coaching at the end - my arms haven't been contributing very much to my stroke which I now know is more down to lousy technique than my lack of upper body strength. So next swim will require:
  • Not drowning - still getting my breathing better!
  • Using my hands as more definitive paddles (as opposed to vague ones)
  • Not letting my hands come further back than my ears when pulling back.

Did some wii sport later - he beat me at tennis again & I attempted the boxing game which exhausted me as I didn't worry about technique and simply pummelled my opponent!

No comments: