Sunday 7 June 2009

Off to Canada

Woke up too early today thinking about what I still have to locate/pack. All sorted now except my fave bikini is awol - but it's Canada we're off to not Thailand so shouldn't miss it too badly. Starting in Vancouver, pick up RV, up to Whistler then Kamloops to see T's venture - a gorgeous looking guest ranch. Wells Gray, Jasper, Lake Louise, Penticticon, Osooyoos. Original plan was to get to the Pacific coast - but that's been shelved for a second holiday somewhen. Activity wise, we have canoeing & rafting trips booked and have packed my bike helmet. Really hoping I can get my food/exercise balanced again - but I doubt that Canadian portion sizes will make that particular aim realisable!


Very grateful to C for agreeing to feed fish and water.


It's been an exhausting week but not for exercise. Husband's been working stupid hours and I've been struggling to get work to a stage where I can leave it with a clean-ish conscience. We were both grateful to have all Saturday to pack - if we'd been rushing around on Friday night, we'd be exhausted for first few days of holiday! Lots of later nights, late tea - not good.


Only cycled on Mon, Tue & Fri this week due to an excursion to London on Wed. I came back via allotment on Friday for watering.


Extra running on Thursday for WRN so that they wouldn't miss too many sessions. Only D made it & we did the Itchen Way in (drum roll) 37:33 - on Monday, it took over 42mins and it's a difficult route to speed on (off road, narrow, bridges/runners/kids/walkers & dogs to negotiate).

No comments: