Wednesday 22 April 2009

Stuff I've learned

I don't seem to have done much random rambling here recently - I think it's because much of my blog time seems to be spent writing up running advice! So some ramblings....
What I've learned from different types of exercise - that might not be expected!

  • Yoga - relaxing my jaw weirdly seems to relax me generally. It's been one of the most succdessful things I've tried in tackling my occaisional insomnia
  • Body Combat - crimes agains music can be good to bounce around too. I'm thinking of the appalling danced up versions of Zombie, Smells Like Teen Spirit - and the Summer of 69.
  • Swimming - try to improve one thing at a time. Whilst trying to get my head dipping in the water more, it has helped to just focus on that.
  • Swimming - the best weapon against athletes foot is flip flops!
  • Mountain Biking - my bike is better than me - I should trust it more. This is important as I am a control freak and delegation doesn't come easily.
  • Cycling - puts me in a better mood.
  • Skating - I need time to translate instructions into something my body can do. I don't have a great ability to learn physically.
  • Running - I like coaching!

Anyway, cycled to work on Mon & Tue. Not today as I had a doctor's appointment to scoot to. Had a fab run with J on Monday - pushed myself a bit more than normal. Also did more sprinting with the Intermediates as all seemed to be at very different speeds!

No comments: