Sunday 26 April 2009

Filling in some gaps

Decided that bluebells should feature on today's bike ride with Husband and chose to adapt a Rough Rides Guide route we've done a couple of times with Goldfish so that it included some new sections, making it 40K. Quite a cool day, but not windy & quite bright. Bluebells didn't disappoint - as you can see.
We did get a bit confused in Chilbolton which is where I had planned to deviate from the original - sorted ourselves out OK though. Saw my second ever hare haring across a field - I can see now why they are used so much as a metaphor for speed. Then saw a deer follow almost the same route - which disturbed 2 lapwings who started doing distract-from-my nest performances - quite an eventful water break! Great to fill in more of my visual map of Hampshire with some new tracks.
I thought we were puncture free, but by the time we got home, one of my tyres was flat - and Husband spotted that I've broken a spoke.
Short bike ride yesterday too - decided to get tasty bread from the bakery in Fair Oak. Lots of gardening to follow - a few hours at the allotment following by yet more lawn cleansing at home.

No comments: