Thursday 30 April 2009

Hoping for speedy spoke replacement

Drove to work today as I had some training off site and wanted to get my bike wheel to the shop to have the spoke replaced before the weekend. I did manage the latter - got there just as the door was being closed at 17:59 - my wheel was accepted.

The course must have utilised plenty of nervous energy - media with lots of filmed interviews. I'm getting more tolerant of seeing/hearing myself these days and managed not to stutter. I don't think anybody who knew me as a teenager would believe that I could get through it - I even enjoyed it!

Body Combat last night had the novelty of 3 blokes being in the class. Really can't get my head - or body - sorted for press ups. I'm trying to work up the courage to talk to the instructor about technique.

Numbers were a bit poor for running on Monday which I'm hoping was down to high risk of rain.

No comments: