Wednesday 21 January 2009

I'm not dead

Despite radio silence in the blog-sphere (is that a word?), I am still alive & kind of active! My freetime seems to be absorbed by the Women's Running Network, decorating and housework atm. And work's been a bit all consuming too.
Anyway, I've been mostly cycling to/from work for my exercise of late. Missing mountain biking - partially coz Husband has been getting over a-near-fatal-illness-that-would-have-slayed-lesser-mortals-not-blessed-with-his-legendary-constitution-and-tremendous-bravery (i.e. a cold). Missed Body Combat last week as I was working to midnight and tonight as we had to visit a well known DIY store for supplies. And missing gym due to lack of motivation & a sense of sluggishness.

I have been running though. The 6:30pm group seems to be the more difficult group to get established. Beginners at 7:35pm is going great - very enthusiastic women who are really throwing themselves into the programme! I'm finding the beginners coaching really rewarding - it's taking lots of time fine tuning the programme & typing up the weekly handouts, but I'm enjoying the sessions at least as much as I expected to. I need to remember that I only have to write the materials once - they'll be useful for future programmes.

No comments: