Saturday 7 March 2009

Cheesefoot Head again

This weekend's bike ride was from the house with Husband - 28km circuit going up to Cheesefoot Head - which we approached from the north last weekend. Mud made it heavy going in places & I got very stuck near Owslebury - managed to pull my armpit as I toppled off! I wasn't aware that I could pull my armpit until now - new learnings every day... Very quiet - we only saw one other bike & that was from a distance. We had to pedal faster coming home as it was starting to get dark. Feeling the ride in my legs now - esp in thighs & bum! Husband's back was aching towards the end, not helped by an old sea kayaking injury to his side playing up today. The side thing must be bad as he's talking about going to the doctor to discuss.
I walked to the paper shop this morning rather than drive - so that's 20mins to add to exercise log and my halo is slightly greener.
I did manage to pedal to work yesterday - and to get home in the light. Only other exercise was heaving an old belfast sink around today - it's going to live outside so we can wash off dirty boots and veg with less mud coming into the house!

No comments: