Monday 7 June 2010

Number 15 - Pilates

I have a pristine Darcy Bussel pilates DVD still in its cellophane wrap despite having been purchased about 2 years ago. It's lurking presence plus my occasional lower back & shoulder problems have created a nagging sense that pilates should be something I give a try. My only reasons not to are that I'm not big on exercise that doesn't involve charging around getting sweaty and that I didn't get on at all well with a previous attempt many years ago where there were about 30 people in one class.
I finally booked myself onto a class at the gym (so covered by gym membership) and was pleasantly surprised. The instructor was no nonsense & I could see what she was doing. There were only about 8 of us. And I realised that I had tried some of the exercises before without realising that they were pilates moves, thanks to a neat little "hotel room workout" in a Joanna Hall book that I used when spending most of my life in hotel rooms.
My tummy really knew that it had been worked for about 3 days afterwards!
So number 15 can be ticked off the list.
I have been to the class again - timing isn't great as it requires scarpering home on a Thursday very promptly - but I will go again when my calendar allows. Still haven't opened the DVD though!

No comments: