Sunday 19 August 2007

Sea and Mud

Ran 3 miles to In Laws' beach hut this morning - I love this route as I get to see the sea at several points, traffic's light and the hills are challenging. And I get to finish up with a fried breakfast overlooking Meadfoot Bay, watching the Tall Ships. I jogged along to Muse - which felt appropriate as it's their part of the world.

Did a bike ride with Husband in the afternoon - 12 miles from Labrador Bay car park. Some technical downhills that he loved (and I hated/walked) and lots of sharp uphills that I loved (and he hated) - so democratic! Good views of the Teign Estuary towards the end. I seem to have got over my irrational fear of pedalling through big puddles. The mud was so different to that at home - no clay so much less claggy, tyre sticking going on.


Little bit of walking yesterday - dodging showers around the garden at Coleton Fishacre (NT 1930s property built for the D'Oyly Carte family http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-vh/w-visits/w-findaplace/w-coletonfishacrehouseandgarden/ ), around Torquay harbour (which somehow included buying a t-shirt in a little boutique) and then along the river & up a hill to get to a restaurant in Dawlish. Very good meal and lots of booze - so any calorific output more than obliterated by calories in.

No comments: